Life is too short....
to argue over school shoes!! Right?! Maddy begged and cried to wear these glittered ballet shoes to school. My first thought was "NO" but then I decided to pick my battles and this was not one of them. Her glittered slippers were brand new and I worried about blisters and discomfort but she wore them the entire day and did great. My stubbornness and "wanting to control" is vanishing as I learn to parent 2 children. Having Coop helped me to see parenting through a different set of eyes.....more relaxed and calm! Life is too short to fight over SHOES!! LOL!
And inside her backpack under the lunch box, change of clothes and sippy cup were her comfortable tennis shoes just in case she needed them.........
Prime Big Deals
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
I could have written this post last week. Kyla has a pair of hand-me down "pleather" shoes that have been reserved until she grew into them. She wanted to wear them last week and I begged and pleaded with her to make another selection b/c of blisters, sore feet, etc. and finally, I relented and let her wear them. She said her feet were fine at the end of the day. Sigh!
Mine is the color - never fails she picks hot pink shoes with red or lime green crocs with a Sunday dress. Trying to let go of my OCD'ness.
Post a Comment