Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Challenge Day #3

I make Taco Soup at least once a month, if not more. It's a comfort food at our house! I made it today and it seemed fitting for this cold day. Here's the recipe and you can tweak it a million different ways.

1 lb lean hamburger meat
1 can rotel
1 can corn
1 can pinto beans (or any kind you like)
1 extra large can crushed tomatoes
1 dry packet Ranch
1 dry packet taco seasoning

Cook the hamburger meat. Add everything. Bring to boil. Simmer till ready to eat. Top with grated cheese. Serve with corn bread....or at Casa de Martinez, we top it with Frito's! YUM!

*You can drain the cans or not. It just depends on how thick you want the soup to be and how much sodium you mind in the soup. I have used ground turkey several times and it's very good. You can also double the corn or beans to make more soup.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

~kristi said...

I make this soup, but we use turkey. It is one of my faves.