Friday, January 8, 2010

A Day with my Birthday Girl....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Maddy! Today was a great day!!

Maddy woke up about 6:30 (like everyday) and tip-toed into our room. She tapped me on the arm and shoulder (like every morning) but whispered "Mom, wake-up. It's my birthday". We all got up and headed downstairs. Maddy opened her presents and was so happy to get a baby doll stroller. Now, we have had several strollers and none have made it past a couple months. I'm really hoping this one is more durable... We then sang "Happy Birthday" and Maddy blew out 4 big candles. Every year I make her a blueberry birthday cake. I love traditions and this is one that means so much to me!!!

Jesse (what a great daddy) went to Shipley's Donuts to get donut-holes for Maddy's class. At school they sang to her and she even got to wear a birthday hat. She wore a purple dress and big purple flower in her hair. The pictures make the dress look kinda blue??? But it's purple. Maddy's FAVORITE color. Coop and I spent the morning at Church until it was time to get Maddy. She was so happy when I picked her up. I knew it had been a great day.

This afternoon I took her to the mall to pick out a new pair of sunglasses. Sunglasses?? This girl has had dozens of sunglasses over the years but of course we can't find any in the house. It was HUGE that she get a new pair. Hey, I can handle 2 for $5 sunglasses from Children's Place. So off we went. Maddy got two new stylin' pairs and even a sugar cookie from the food court. Even at age 4, the little things are so exciting to her. I was happy to be able to make her day so special and to be able to do the "little things" for her. I took the entire day in and reflected on how fortunate I was to be with my girl on her special day. The evening flew by...she was exhausted and ready for bed early.

Friends: You all are the best!!! I am so blessed to have such awesome friends....so many of you were able to email, text, FB, and send well wishes for our birthday girl. That means so much to me. Knowing that you care about my girl makes friendships so amazing. WOW.....love you all. Family: Maddy loves talking on the phone. And she got to practice a lot today!

Mrs. W (from your post about 3rd grade) I think Maddy should just stay 4 forever!!! LOL!

1 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Aw, Kris, don't be scared for 3rd grade. They are precious at every age and if you love them, nurture them and let the know how special they are to God, everything will turn out okay!

Hugs! And give the birthday girl a SUPER BIG HUG! She's so beautiful!