Monday, October 12, 2009

Chili Time!

I absolutely love to cook. Being in the kitchen is so comforting and relaxing. After Coop was born I ran out of time to cook. Our dinners now usually consist of quick meals. So this weekend I made chili. It was so good. I have to say, I can make some mean chili with a little help from the store! :) Here it goes:

I sauteed 1/2 of a white onion and 1 green bell pepper (diced) in olive oil and added salt and pepper. Then I added the extra lean ground beef. **I usually sneak in some extra lean ground turkey to lean out the meal, but Jesse did the grocery shopping and he doesn't buy ground turkey...HA! Next I added a dry packet of Chili seasoning (my help). Then to the pot, 2 cans of stewed tomatoes, 1 can beef broth and 1 can of pinto beans (drained). I brought it all to a boil for about 15 minutes and then let it simmer for a couple hours. It was awesome. Easy. Simple. Delicious. We topped the chili with grated cheese and I also served cornbread.

YUM!

0 comments: